The next website I went to was Hulu. The website was more sheek than YouTube and the graphics were set up in a more organized way. There was an advertisement that I was required to watch before the video that I chose. The video that I wanted to watch was on the presidential debate with McCain and Obama debating the issue of net neutrality. The video didn't load properly so the website told me to try another time. I then chose a Daily Show video clip on the issue of net neutrality. The video sent me to another website and pulled up in a timely manner this time. Special features on the website was that everything was organized in a way that you could search within certain categories, which I was impressed by. You can also watch entire TV shows on hulu. I was able to watch the entire video without it having to buffer.
On the website Veoh, the website came up in a timely manner but I noticed that I wasn't as impressed with the graphics of the home page as I was with hulu. It was still organized but not in as sufficient of way. This website required me to watch an advertisement before I watched the clip. There were no problems with the video and it didn't have to pause and buffer at all. Special features on this website is that it is divided by TV shows, making it easy to navigate and search throughout the website. I watched a video on America's Best Dance Crew and the people in the video were all African American and incredible dancers. I differ from them in those two ways, because I am caucasian and I can't dance very well.
You Tube
Barack Obama on Net Neutrality:
Hulu
Daily Show clip about Net Neutrality:
| The Daily Show With Jon Stewart | Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c | |||
| Net Neutrality Act | ||||
| ||||
Veoh
America's Best Dance Crew Clip:
http://www.veoh.com/collection/mtv-Americas-Best-Dance-Crew#watch%3Dv18940737B5yFPgEN
The Veoh website does not allow you to embed videos.